Sunday, August 19, 2007

Raindrops on Roses....

Rain is in the forecast for a week
here at Hilltop Palace.
I enjoy a thunderstorm, but
dreary weather day and night
is not my favorite,
I feel cold in my very bones then.
I had an opportunity to stay at home
with just Sarah today and she quickly fell asleep.
So I sat and watched
the rain cloud up the big windows and I remembered a poem I read
a long time ago in my school readers:

I Saw God Wash The World
by: William L. Stidger

I saw God wash the world last night
With his sweet showers on high,
And then, when morning came, I saw
Him hang it out to dry.

He washed each tiny blade of grass
And every trembling tree;
He flung his showers against the hill,
And swept the billowing sea.

The white rose is a cleaner white,
The red rose is more red,
Since God washed every fragrant face
And put them all to bed.

There's not a bird, there's not a bee
That wings along the way
But is a cleaner bird and bee
Than it was yesterday.

I saw God wash the world last night.
Ah, would He had washed me
As clean of all my dust and dirt
As that old white birch tree.


God is giving us a good washing this week,
preparing us for something awesome
and next week he'll hanging us out to dry

2 comments:

Miss Alice said...

Lady Dvora!!! I didn't know you had a blog! What fun. I'm looking forward to reading your insights.

Rebecca said...

more rain... :-(